12.16.2008

Son of a

ditch.

My poor shnitzle has had a rough couple of weeks... Incident number one.... a little over a week ago my car got backed into. The lady's insurance is going to cover everything, thank goodness. So the headlight/part of the hood/part of the fender/part of the plastic molding around the fog lights is smashed... but will be fixed soon. Aaaaand it wasn't my fault. I wasn't even in my car.

Incident number two.... December 16 will forever be rememberd as the day I went into the ditch for the first time. Needless to say, one of the scariest moments of my life. One second I was going around a curve and the next I was in the ditch. I knocked over a baby tree.... Chris now calls me a heartless tree killer :) When I was sliding I was picturing myself ramming right into the fence....and I was shocked when I stopped a couple feet away. My dad doesn't work far from where I was stuck so he came and drove me out. Luckily my boss understood that I was slightly shook up and let me take the day off.

A little while later my dad noticed tracks right over mine... somebody slid into the same spot I did. I don't feel so stupid now! I guess it could happen to anybody. Oh well... it's a story for the grandkids ;)

Sidenote....actually an extra special sidenote.... my friend Al and her hubby Josh welcomed little Wyatt Jon into the world :) I can't wait to meet him!!! It seems like there are babies everywhere!!

2 comments:

Emil said...

it snows maybe once a year...but not like this...not enough to stay on the ground. i am so surprised that it is snowing in iowa :)

im glad you stayed safe dispite the ditch. thats so scary!!!

and yeah for alison!!!

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Sorry about the ditch episode. Enjoy your vacation in CA!!! You know I'm jealous!

Merry Christmas!!!!