1.30.2009

little tid bits

I'm very excited to report that I am officially done applying to Boise State.... everything has been faxed/mailed and I have been robbed of $55... but for a good cause I suppose. I'm pursuing a Masters degree. I am pursuing a Masters degree... wait is this real?? It feels like yesterday that I was applying for Undergraduate programs. My goodness. It's an odd feeling thinking that I am planning on being a School Counselor... when I feel still feel so young. Anyway, everything fell into place as far as application stuff goes... I really waited til the last minute (it's a skill I tell ya). Man, I hope they love me. Because I often think that my application will just mesh into all the others... but that is no way to think. They're gunna love me dang it.

Since I've been working at the daycare, I've been slowly remembering random memories of when I was younger. For instance... I was always convinced that kids were crazy and I would never have the patience to work with them (i.e. teaching) ...and now I cannot think of much else that would suffice. Except maybe being an architect... that is a serious dream of mine. It's a shame I hate math.

Speaking of math...

I was browsing through the "blogs of note" and I found this random lady's blog (apparentley it's worth reading) and she had a link for www.yogatoday.com .... and I have to say, I couldn't be more excited because this site has FREE yoga session videos. FREE! Nothing is ever free (really) ... except the videos on this site. You don't even have to sign up... you just click 'play'. SWEET! Ya, it's a good thing. I love yoga and I am just overjoyed that I found this. There are tons of videos -- you can actually sign up to receive an email with a new video every day. But uh, no thanks, I'll just pick which ones I want.

I'm going to be starting a series of classes through Sanford Children's Services in Sioux Falls in a few weeks. There are 9 classes and they are held once a week for two(ish) months. This is very exciting because the classes will more than cover my mandatory training requirements for work and maybe I can learn something useful...or something. A little somethin somethin to throw on my resume.

I cannot wait to be an Aunt... seriously. It's a title that I've been dying to have... so uh, thanks to Nicole and Mark for finally letting me be an Aunt. lol. I have all kinds of plans of things I want to make / do / etc. for this little munchkin in Nicole's ginourmous tummy.

It looks like tomorrow we are going to get a little taste of live-able weather. I think we might see 40 degrees? *please please please* I thought I'd never see the day. In fact, I never thought I would be excited to see anything below FIFTY. But, you live and you learn. And what doesn't kill you.... makes you stronger. Thanks to Kanye, because without that gem of a song... I would not be able to get through this winter. I hope you sense my sarcasm. It is Kanye right?
Anyway, because of the potentially good weather... Lindsey, my mom, and I are going to check out downtown Sioux Falls... chezeck it out.

I've been recognizing that I am really blessed to have my job. I work with kids that are just beyond crazy and amazing, I work with great people, and I just could not imagine my life without this job. This past summer I was so very frustrated with not being able to find a job in Hawarden, but man thank goodness I didn't find any.... because this job is perfect for me. God knew that and knows everything else that I am going to be doing.... which is awesome because I'm about as human as it gets.

Well this is just about long enough.

Ok, now its perfect.

:)

www.icantwaitforspring.com

1 comment:

Emil said...

thats how long ive been known ya